Wednesday, March 5, 2014

'Unë dua ky, unë dua ky paqe nga Jezu Krishtit'

Hi mum!

Where do I start!

First of all I just wanna say that I am so glad I went to seminary! It has given me so much the advantage in the work! Knowing the scripture masteries is so helpful, especially here.  I just want to say that we had a scripture chase the other sunday, and within the first 5 words or so, 2-3 seconds, I had the scripture in my hand ready to PREACH! They were blown away. Good stuff goodstuff!!  So just dig in with the mornings because they all pay off in the end. Plus you've got tricky mole to look forward too!!!! so FUN!! How was the pancake breakfast the other Friday? I would KILL for one of those pancakes at the MTC haha, they are sooo goooood! But yeah Does tricky have an Email? Could you send it to me please :) 
Provo Temple, with the sisters in our Zone,  they are really cool!!
I just want to share an experience that I had the other day that I shared with nanny marg earlier:

My experience is about a lesson me and my shok (companion) gave to one of our 'investigators' . We read to him John 14:27, all in albanian, and we bore testimony of the Savior. With such a powerful spirit present I knew he was feeling it. He, a 15 year old boy struggling to find his place in the world, responded with 'unë dua ky, unë dua ky paqe nga Jezu Krishtit' , which is to say in english "I want this, I want this peace from Jesus Christ" . My heart surged and I felt the spirit so strong. I was so flustered I didn't know what to say!!! It hit me, this is why I'm here. To see people change! To see them feel a sincere desire to WANT to know about their Savior, what he is offering us and to see them WANT to follow the example of Christ! O How powerful this manifestation was to me! It reminded me that the field is indeed white and ready to harvest, people just need the gospel in context and then they will understand how much they really want and need this beautiful message we have, that Christ gives.

 This is my brother that I jam with on the piano!
 He has a craaaazy good voice, I Love it!!
It reminds me of the days when we used to
play on the piano and guitar..
I must admit the other day I was a little discouraged with the language. I can't recall exactly what has happening but I was just feeling super down with myself. Like I was never gonna learn this crazy language! And then, that same 'other day' I received 2 packages and I was so excited! I was literally jumping around, buzzing that people still remember me back home haha. I felt the love! Love that I needed so badly. Aunty Kara & Uncle Q Thank you so much!!!! With this package, and the beautiful updates of how life is going back in NZ from mum through her letters, I was reduced to tears (once again)!! I was just so happy! So happy for my family!!!! I know the Lord is taking care of you and It is so evident. I am so grateful I am apart of a loving family.

This is Sister Porter, she is serving in the Hamilton, NZ mission
She might come to Ngaruawahia!!

I have a friend here ( a missionary ), one of his family members was struggling back home with life, and as soon as he came on a mission, his family member - I don't know what happened exactly but - within him was a huge change of heart! A beautiful change of perspective on life motivated him to change his ways. So even though my missionary friend can't personally witness it - he KNOWS that his family is being so blessed from our Father in Heaven. I know this is the same for me because I feel the same way my friend feels, invigorated and so overcome with the spirit! So at peace with everything.

It has been said that God often works through other people. I am completely convinced that this is true. You may not know my whanau but I needed that so desperately. Thank you so much.

I've made so many friends here..
4 more Weeks to go then I'm off!! Off to Europe for the first time! This language is gonna be so fun when I can speak it fluently. Apparently the food over there is sooooooo good! I cant wait to try it! Dad, apparently all the gjagi's (Old men) are like chess MASTERS. Thats all they do, të githe ditë çdo ditë! (All day every day!)  So I cant wait to challenge them, not that I am good at chess or anything, just for a good laugh really. Albanian has a separate tense for sarcasm, and for wishing/cursing, I cant wait till I master these because I've heard the nannas have wishing battles with the missionaries, WISHING BATTLES! Haha, their humor is totally different so I don't think I'll get through to them with that so I'll just wish battle it out!  I cant wait, this whole thing motivates me to learn this language. 
It helps to be in love with your language, so i've learnt.

Hope you are doing well my whanau

Arohanui

Elder Waters

No comments: