Thursday, March 27, 2014

6 days to go......

Sorry I didn't get to email last week, I completely ran out of time! Things are so full on here but the main reason I ran out of time is because we were hosting new missionaries that arrived on P day, purely because the sister of my Shok (companion) finally arrived! How crazy is it - they get to serve in the MTC, same zone, same building for 9hours+ a day and right next door to each other! They are so funny they remind me of each other. They are super similar, I love them both :) My Shok is so protective of Her its really funny, nothing short of what I would be come to think of it. Good man shok. 

Its been a Hectic week, through it all I have had some amazing spiritual experiences. The other day My shok and I had a lesson with one of our 'investigators' and we spoke about the prophet Joseph Smith, and the Restoration of the Church. It was such a beautiful experience because we had prepared everything well but the majority was prepared in English. We don't know how to speak Albanian properly, but we had done all we could with the time given us. We taught all in Albanian and the Lord truly sent his spirit to Testify of the truth. We all felt it. It was incredible! As a result of this our investigator was able to see how being a member of Christ's church would benefit him in his life, and accepted the commitment to be baptized. It was beautiful :)

Not sure If I told you but that was our second time where an investigator accepted the commitment to be baptized! It feels so good to witness people striving to make spiritual improvements in their lives. Last time we sung 'Families can be together forever' in albanian to our other investigator, my Shok thought it was weird but I just really thought we should sing that song to her. The spirit was so strongly present. 
Conference Center in Salt Lake City
I get rejoiced (Albanian translation for I am excited, haha) to be serving my mission! I am so happy I am out here. in 6 days I will be flying to my mission and I'm just so excited!!!! 

Inside the Conference Center
I learnt something important at last nights devotional, which truly strengthened me. (Dad do you remember the 'Idaho Farm boy' general authority that spoke a while ago in a general conference, and said he was going to be firm with how he spoke, and he recited the first article of Faith? haha. Well it was the same Elder Ellis that spoke last night! What a powerful Speaker). He said that sometimes we may see someone who is really good with the language, or well versed in the scriptures, and we may be tempted to study more scriptures or more language than we are designated to study. This is not how the Lord wants it! (which is huge for me because I do this with the language ha) He continued, If we are putting our focus on our investigators then the rest will follow - "If we put First things First, then second things get thrown in, but if we put second things First, we may lose both of them". Thats a rough memory of what he said, but it was so powerful when he delivered it because fortunately I was in the right frame of mind to realize that he was talking to me, haha!

Humanitarian Center
Having said that, I am super keen to go to Albania now. Mosiah K5, talks about how when people repent they have no more desire to do evil, but to do good continually. Why? Because the spirit is working (or beginning to work) In them! This is what I felt last night and it has continued to stay with me. This feeling is compelling mami, babi, (mum +dad), It helps me realize my divine potential, I know that if we focus on our investigators the Lord will support us, because They Also, are his beloved Children. The reason they have a desire to be baptized is because they feel the same divine spirit working within them and for at least a moment, they have a greater vision of what they can become, seeking to do good continually. And it is beautiful to witness.

Albanian Flag
I am so glad the spirit is able to testify of truths through me! If I could desire you to have anything while I was away, my whanau, would be to have the spirit in your lives. If you don't already, work towards it! It is so comforting to know that your actions are portraying the Will of our Father in Heaven. The spirit will compel you with what you should do:)

I went to Salt lake City and did an endowment session the other day, it was sweet! Such a nice experience. The temple is beautiful, ridiculously bukur (beautiful). We also went to the conference Centre + Humanitarian centre, I found me an Albanian flag while I was there too, Wohoo!!!
Temple Square - The view from the top of the Conference Center

Kalofshi mire familjen tim . Arohanui

Elder Waters

In an added email Elder Waters says - 

Hi mum sorry I have like 0 time! I got all your packages thank you!!! Also, Aunty Lia and uncle Phil AND Elder Kendells family all sent me packages! So grateful!

Cant say thank you properly here but I got it all in my journal :) 

Love you mum ;)

No comments: