Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Elder Waters letter to his Dad


I have been incredibly humbled today in terms of finance. I told someone working in a fast foods place here that when I was working back in NZ, a whole week of hard work would be roughly $600 for me (thats a tough week for me), and then they told me how much they make.... $600 every 3 months, or in other words the equivalent of $6 a day, of the same hard, perhaps even harder works, without breaks, and still happy. Incredible dad. Wow. I wouldn't know how to live on $6 a day! Every day I am amazed at the lifestyle here.


Dad I gotta go soon. Sadly I don't think I'm gonna have time to write much more, say Hi to mum, nivs, and raya for me please! I love you all so much. I think about you often, it helps me focus actually. Gives me something to work harder for. I know the Lord will bless me if I serve him with all my heart might mind and strength, If I lock my heart and deny myself all ungodliness, deny myself the natural and carnal thoughts that so easily pertrude my mind. I know for my service that you are receiving blessing. Blessing of health, happiness and prosperity. 

It comforts me to know that I am amongst one of the most prayed for group of people in the world. I hope the thought of me praying for you each, individually, my beautiful family, comforts you as well. I love you like nothing else in this world. And I'm so happy we have eternity to spend together. Isn't that just the most wonderful blessing anyone can ever imagine? To spend all eternity with the ones you love? I encourage you to be faithful to your covenants! Those that you have made at baptism and especially in the temple. Heed to the word of the Lord! Therein lies safety and peace :) :D

No comments: