Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentines Day Package

Thank you for the photos mum :) 

I saw the blog! I suppose its time to sensor my emails hahaha. Also, Montenegro has been given to the Adriatic North mission so its no longer a part of mine :( Might want to remove that from the blog...

Look who I found!
This past week was hectic!  And beautiful. I have learnt so much in the past week. Prayer is so crucial to spiritual progress, in fact - Preach my Gospel states that no one can know of spiritual truths without it. 

Could you please tell Bishop Higgins that I’m already speaking fluent albanian, and that I’m already teaching my class how to speak it. Hahaha JK, its SO HARD!  It will come, yes I know, but It’s just so different to English, but still the same characters, plus 10ish more. Theres 36-38 letters in the alphabet (cant remember) and the structure, grammer and concepts are just so different!
For example when someone sneezes, they say shend^t ( ' ^ ' stands for a character that I cant insert, thanks to this computer) . to say please is t^ lut^m, which literally means I pray thee . To say dear heavenly father they say 'ati dashur Quiellor' which literally means father in loving heaven. Want is dua which also means love. the word for good is mir^ which when translated back to english has heeeaps of different meanings. Eager and impatient mean the same thing, so the phrase 'God is eager to bless us' also means 'God is impatient to bless us' - It’s so weird, but so cool. It’s a really old language. And this is the simple stuff. It’s ridiculous! But I’ll get it. 

The snows almost all gone...
P day is awesome. I love just relaxing because the days here are full on. I went to the Provo temple this morning, through my first Sealing session. It was amazing. When I get back I’m gonna take a way bigger focus on my family history because I’m starting to realize how important and relevant it is to everything. We need to start focusing on our family that came before us. I received so much personal revelation in that session :)

I LOVE. Absolutely LOVE the package. Thank you so much for sending it! It came on the perfect day too - Valentines. Where all the americans were going crazy with the mail and I had this boss as package full of NZ goodness. I miss the food so much! So when everyone was getting romantic (as romantic as missionaries get... 2 handshakes haha) I was stuffing my face. It was so good, thank you so much :')  I almost cried watching the Haka again. My brothers, the americans in my district were freaked out by some of you hahaha I love it! Thank you so much for the photos.

The gospel will flood the earth...
I would die for a top up of NZ goodness every week, I miss it so much. Dad the chocolate here just isn’t the same! I miss NZ stuff.  Oh and if you can.. I would give my two front teeth away for a bar of surf wax goodness, I miss the smell! t^ lut^m, I pray thee, send some ! :D 
Me, Sister Ora Keung (from Auckland) 
and Sister Smith
who is in Auckland right now 

serving in a mandarin speaking mission
I miss surfing so much! Please the next time you see Jaydine give her the biggest hug for me! I love my surfboard taonga and its just like my name badge and pounamu. I don't go anywhere without it. Also, It pleases me so much (another albanian phrase for 'i like') that the YSA gather around at our house. I love that. I love how you are so passionate about your calling mum and dad. Isn't that just the perfect calling for you?

Tell Sister Holtz I love my scripture case:)
Tell Paora no worries about the Visa thing. Isn’t it ironic how the Lord made Tahei, me and now Paora wait to serve our missions? I can truly testify in Gods timing. Don’t get discouraged my bro, I’m mindful of you :) but more importantly so is the Lord. You will be sweet my brother :)

Personal Unsupervised Study time

My health is good. I’m super tired all the time but I’m following pretty sharply my time frames and I’m in a solid routine atm so everything is good. I don’t take my meds all the time but I pray about my health all the time so.... I win. Thats pretty much what I’m saying - I do when I can but yeah.. 

Elder Holland came to the MTC the other tuesday! It was real cool, such a spiritual experience. Im sure you can relate because I hear you were visited by was it Elder Nelson? Touching stuff! Thats so cool. I always brag about my family back home (in a humble bragging way), Im so proud of all of you. Getting all spiritual.. get you..

The elders here seem to like everything NZ. The food ( I shared with them) they fell in love with, they are really hard out into their lord of the rings its so funny haha. The sisters seem to like it too.. The Accent.. everyone seems to like the accent... what accent, haha.

Elders Turketo & I with the sisters

The spirit is so beautiful here. People get really stressed out, even to the point where they stop feeling it and enjoying it but I’m pretty chill about things ( I like to think anyways), if only they knew how much a good attitude could change their whole persona!  Thanks Mum and Dad for teaching me this...

Arohanui my whanau xxx
Elder Waters









No comments: