Tuesday, June 23, 2015

400km adventure on P day..Macedonia, Lake Pogradec and Korca

All the elders that toured with us, including
my companion Elder Befus in the front

Again, no time so I’ll be brief with my remarks! I’ll try plan for more time next week but man, transfer calls are coming so I’ll probably have no time at all next week as well... that’s mission life for you, busy busy!

Well, yesterday was an awesome P day. The reason I am writing today on Tuesday is because I completely ran out of time yesterday! We rose and left the house by 6.30am and got home at 9.00pm, drove about 400km's, taught a few lessons, crossed a few borders - man it was awesome! 

A little Macedonian shop, the lady spoke no english or no albanian, 5 minutes from the border
A little orthodox shrine in the township
So the Assistants to the President called and told me I needed to leave the country to sort some visa stuff out, and then after that they wanted me to teach some received referrals in a southern city called "Korca", which is not open to missionary work at the moment. It was an awesome trip and I had so much fun. The lessons we taught were great and it looked like there could be some awesome potential down there. Maybe it will open up soon. I also met an Australian family down there, which was both strange and awesome! The husband was albanian so the kids understood both english and Albanian. Really sweet.
Did I mention that I was driving? Haha craziness. This right hand side driving business is great. Slightly terrifying given the arrogance and selfishness of most drivers here, but it was completely great, I loved it. Being behind a wheel again inspired a feeling of trust and confidence.

Wednesday we have a conference as a mission in Elbasan. It should be a really good spiritual experience, I’m excited. Our mission president is awesome. I really look forward to any time I spend with him, because I know I’m going to learn a lot. And thats the purpose of a mission right, and in a greater perspective - life - to learn? 

Mission life is great. Probably the hardest thing I've ever dealt with in my life, but by far the most rewarding. The lessons here have been invaluable and I am so grateful that the Lord has found me fit and entrusted me with stewardship over a part of his vineyard. I know the Lord qualifies those that He calls, whatever he asks that we do, it is written and the promise is true that he will provide a way for us to accomplish that.


I hope you are all well. I brought a new watch. I bargained it down from 35 to 25 (dad, you would have been proud of me in my element) so I thought it was a steal, it's a beautiful thing and I intend to take care of it! I only got it because my watch was breaking and killing my wrist of its circulation, so I thought it was a justified spend :) 

I love you all - Until next week!

Elder Waters

Lake and township Pogradec

The view overlooking Lake Pogradec

A catholic church, it was really really pretty inside


No comments: